-Full basic Thai yoga massage retreat – 10 days
The course/retreat will be held over a period of 10 days, where we will learn a sequence of exercises that willhelp the student to able to give a complete full body treatment, that will be relaxing and energetically balancing to the receiver, giving a deep feeling of relaxation and Well-being.
The retreat will follow the tradition started by Asokananda, the founder of the School “Sunshine Network” based on a Lahu hill tribe village in the north of Chiang Mai, Thailand.
It will be complemented by the daily practice of Hatha Yoga and Vipasana Meditation, to cultivate awareness of body, mind and breath. It will also help the students to cultivate the inner qualities of Mindfulness (Sati), and Loving-kindness (Metta), to give the profound healing experience both for the practitioner and the receiver.
· General information on Thai Yoga Massage: history and foundation.
· Notions of the 10 energy lines “SEN”: to locate and treat them.
· How to keep a correct posture during work.
· How to work using the body gravity and the breathing.
· How to work with a meditative state of mind to develop intuition and care for the receiver.
· Indications and contraindications of the different techniques learned.
· Correct transitions from the different techniques in order to give a harmonious and fluent treatment.
- 6.30 wake-up call
- 7.00 meditation
- 7.30-9.00 Hatha yoga practice
- 9.00-10.00 breakfast
- 10.00-13.00 Thai yoga massage class
- 13.00-15.00 lunch-
- 15.00-19.00 thai yoga massage class
- 19.00-20.00 dinner
- 20.30-21.00 meditation, mantra chanting, free evenings
DAY 1 - Demo and practice of feet and legs energy lines exercise.
DAY 2 - Demo and practice of single legs exercises.
DAY 3 - Demo and practice of double legs exercises.
DAY 4 - Demo and practice of abdomen, chest and arms exercises.
DAY 5 - Demo and practice of side position exercises.
DAY 6 - Half day practice of the material learned so far, half day free.
DAY 7 - Demo and practice of prone position exercises.
DAY 8 - Demo and practice of sitting position, sholuder, neck and face exercises.
DAY 9 - Full body treatment practice and final celebration.
DAY 10 - Half day theory on the energy lines and simple applied therapies.