- Conscious breathing: this aspect will be mainly worked through the practice of Vipassana meditation. To do the massage work we have to focus on being in the here and now, being conscious of our breathing pattern as well as the receiver’s. Being relaxed and with a good breathing rhythm we can transmit peace and have a right concentration state to start the massage practice. At the moment we are aware of our breathing pattern we can release physical and mental stress, this will automatically transmit this state to the receiver.
- Body awareness: this aspect will be covered by the daily practice of Hatha Yoga, and later with the techniques learning during Thai massage classes. The conscious body movement will be harmonious and progressive, never fast and brisk. We will learn balanced body movement which will teach as to keep a correct body posture during our massage in order not to get tired and to transmit balanced energy in a fluent way.
- Mind awareness: we try to quieten the mind to connect with our inner being. In order to do so we will practice daily Buddhist Vipassana Meditation, which is the traditional meditation from the Therevada Buddhism.
- Learning the technique: carefully watching the demonstrations by the teacher, and the daily practice of the different exercises with your massage partner, will give you the ability to assimilate in a correct way the massage and all that you will learn during the course. The practice will lead us to feel in a different way always deeper level of our being and our consciousness. Over time it will help to awaken the necessary spiritual awarness, to see in an intuitive way the physical and mental blockages, which are the origin of our discomforts.
During the course, you will learn the theory and practice the techniques until you fully grasp their purpose, then you can confidently give a full body massage.
THE 4 AGREEMENTS BY DON MIGUEL RUIZ
We can also get highly inspired by the wisdom of the 4 agreements:
1. BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORDS
a- Speak with integrity.
b- Say only what you mean.
c- Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.
d- Use to power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
2. DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY
a- Nothing others do is because of you.
b- What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.
c- When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3- DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS
a- Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
b- Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
c- With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4- ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST
a- Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.
b- Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgement, sef-abuse, and regret.